After School Programs
Extending the School Day - SBS After School Program Options
Second Baptist School after school programs, Late Room, Eagle Extended Day (EED) and Junior Eagle Extended Day (JEED) are designed to provide a positive social-emotional after school atmosphere for children. The focus is to support and encourage success in all aspects of a student’s development. With a skilled team of teachers, students are provided with indoor and outdoor activities, homework assistance and nutritional snacks.
- Space in each program is limited and filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The after school program is Monday through Friday, beginning the first day of school.
- The calendar runs concurrently with the Second Baptist School calendar.
- We follow the inclement weather and emergency closings determined by Second Baptist School.
- Payment for the after school program is charged monthly with tuition from August - May.
- Snacks and water are provided each day.
- All classrooms are staffed by After School Program teachers who are employed by Second Baptist School. The employment process includes an extensive background check.
- Teachers participate in professional development related to the age-group they are serving, including safety, CPR and first-aid certification. Teachers are trained in accessing appropriate services in case of an emergency.
- Staff is trained on fire and lockdown procedures, and regular drills are held to ensure proper execution.